Broccoli (Brassica oleracea) Sprouting Seeds
Broccoli sprouts take approximately 3 to 4 days to sprout in a jar or around 7-10 days when grown as a microgreen. Broccoli sprouts look alot like alfalfa sprouts, but are more akin to radish. They are a great source of antioxidants and are powerfully anti-carcinogenic. A beautiful violet, these sprouts look and taste great in salads, as a garnish, or on their own. Broccoli sprouts can be sprouted in any of our spouters but we recommend growing it as a 7-10 day old microgreen. Check out our microgreen kits.
- Loaded with a substance called sulforaphane, helping the body to combat and prevent cancer.
- An anti-inflammatory, broccoli sprouts have been of use in the treatment of asthma. Sulforaphane again the active ingredient, this time reducing the inflammation associated with asthma and other bronchal issues.
- Sprouted broccoli has proven effective in the treatment of peptic ulcers.
- High in the vitamins A, C, K and folate.
- A good source of dietary fiber, aiding in detoxification of the colon and digestive tract, and preventing constipation.
- Rich in manganese, helping to combat free radicals.
- Regulates cholesterol in the blood, promoting cardiovascular health and well being.
Please note that we do not deliver any seeds/grain to Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.