Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds
We currently have 2 varieties of Alfalfa seeds, one is certified organic and the other is organic.
Australian Certified Organic Alfalfa Seeds
Organic Alfalfa Seeds
Origin: Australian grown
Please follow the link below to better understand seed labelling, and especially the difference between certified organic, organic and untreated seeds.
To view a list of our certified organic seeds and our Australian Certificate of Compliance registered through the ACO, please follow the link below.
Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds – Australian Certified Organic
Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) In Arabic, alfalfa translates to ‘the father of plants’ and is often dubbed the ‘king of foods’. Widely regarded as the richest terrestrial source of trace minerals, the use of alfalfa as a food and medicine can be traced back to China, in the sixth century. Alfalfa’s delicious, tender sprouts are among the most nutritionally dense foods in the world.
5 Health Benefits of Alfalfa
1. The regular consumption of alfalfa has been shown to have a curative effect on several auto-immune disorders.
2. An anti-inflammatory, alfalfa helps to soothe gastro-intestinal inflammation, prevent stroke and heal arthritis.
3. Strengthens the body’s urinary, digestive, skeletal and lymphatic systems.
4. Known to effectively combat LDL cholesterol levels in the blood, reducing the risk of heart attack.
5. Helps to regulate blood sugar, making it ideal for those suffering from type one and two diabetes.
Please note that we do not deliver any seeds/grain to Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.